[Radiance-general] mkillum w/ frit

Zack Rogers zrogers at archenergy.com
Wed Jul 20 19:29:18 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am wondering about the use of mkillum on a surface that is defined
with mixfunc to model a frit pattern on glass.

my definition looks like this:

void plastic grey_065
0
0
5            0.65          0.65          0.65
                0             0

void BRTDfunc PPG-SB80
10 rrho grho brho rtau gtau btau 0 0 0 glazing.cal
0
18              0             0             0
                0             0             0
                0             0             0
            0.249         0.355         0.329
            0.363         0.364         0.262
            0.434          0.49         0.461

void mixfunc l_glass_af+++x+++frit_dot_40%_y
6   PPG-SB80 grey_065 y_hole function/perforate.cal
    -s .03
0
1           0.356

Can I use the surfaces with this material applied as illum surfaces for
mkillum with accurate results?  Searching the online db, I found
discussion of this glaze.csh script. Does this create a better model for
a fritted glass, and is this used with mkillum?  My definition for the
glass comes from Optics 5.

Thanks!
Zack

--