[Radiance-general] mapping texture

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Wed Jul 20 16:51:01 CEST 2005

Hi Huang,

One good resource, is the file: rayinit.cal, which should be in your lib
directory as well as picture.cal. The former will give you some sense of
what frac(x) actually calculates, the latter will help with tile_u and
tile_v. Picture.cal is the basic procedural function for mapping an
image texture onto geometry using the "colorpict" material modifier
type. The function clip(x) makes sure that the value x is forced to the
range [0,1] while the function noop(v) simply return the value v without
any modification.

Huangwx at kyotoUniv. wrote:

> Hi, all:
> I am new to radiance. I have asked one question about mapping texture
> and thanks very much for your answers. But now I am still not clear
> about those functions.
> I use "frac(U) frac(V) " to tile the texturejust likean example I
> found on the Internet. But I found there are other methods to do so
> such as "tile_u tile_v". I have searched in the book "Rendering with
> Radiance", but can not find explanation about it.Also I can not find
> further explanations of function clip( ) and noop( ). Is there
> anything I can refer to or are they just somwhere in the book
> "Rendering with Radiance"?
> Would you please help me on this naive question? Thanks a lot.
> yours,
> Huang

#	John E. de Valpine
#	president
#
#	visarc incorporated
#	http://www.visarc.com
#
#	channeling technology for superior design and construction