[Radiance-general] Lighting from a light probe

Tarik Rahman tarik.rahman at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jan 27 17:18:45 CET 2005

Hi
I'm trying to light a room with the light that's irradiated onto a mirror sphere
in order to insert synthetic objects into the room. In radiance I take a close
up .pic of the mirror sphere and convert it to a light probe using HDRShop. Do
I use same code as in Debevec's tutorial, you know
void colorpict hdr_env
7 red green blue lp_smallMirr.hdr angmap.cal sb_u sb_v
0
0

hdr_env glow env_glow
0
0
4 1 1 1 0

!genbox env_glow room 50 30 50 -i | -t 2.5 2.85 2.5

for the lighting? Will angmap.cal work for any light probe or do I have to write
my own because when I render this, the reflections from the light probe aren't
mapped onto the walls of the room properly?

Thanks for any help

Tarik

--
Tarik Rahman
PhD student, Institute of Perception, Action and Behaviour