[Radiance-general] sharing indirect values for parallel processing?

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Fri Feb 4 15:47:12 CET 2005

> The most straightforward solution to our problem would probably
> be to use lock files, as Greg suggested in earlier discussions.
> Unfortunately nobody has found the time yet to actually implement
> that. If anyone wants to volunteer, please move the discussion of
> your proposal to the dev-list.

Hi,

as I won't be able to help on the implementation, I won't bring this to
the dev-list for now ;-) However, I guess the only needed feature of
the shared fs used is a working byte range locking, right? So I will
find out if the fs provided by openmosix (mfs) has this feature, which
would make a set of mosix nodes a great radiance installation. I don't
really want to spend hours on a working nfs setup to share just ONE
file ;-) at least if it is not really necessary.

CU Lars.