[Radiance-general] Scanner Calibration w/ Macbethcal

Marcus Jacobs marcdevon at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 26 01:04:37 CEST 2005

Dear Group

I have recently attempted to calibrate my scanner using a Macbeth Color
Chart in conjunction with Radiance's macbethcal. I have run into some issues
with 1-3 of my colors (depending on the scanner settings) being out of gamut
from reviewing by debug.pic. What I would like to know is if there is any
way to rectify this situation? If not, how concerned should I be with this?
I wish to use calibrated colors in order to match some of the paint color
swatches that are available at many hardware stores for use in my
renderings.  Regarding my scanner, I am using an Epson Perfection 2480. Its
a great scanner and therefore I wish not to have to replace it in order to
experiment in finding another scanner that will keep the colors within
gamut. As far as my scanner settings, I choose no auto exposure (selecting
this option too leaves some colors out of gamut) and no color correction.
Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks

Marcus