[Radiance-general] Scanner Calibration w/ Macbethcal

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 06:55:30 CEST 2005

Hi Marcus,

It is normal due to gamut issues for some saturated colors to be out
of gamut.  Even if macbethcal issues a warning about some moderate
colors being out of gamut, it may not be a serious problem, and you
should judge based on your results.  If you have access to a
colorimeter, you could check the RGB values against it with the
xyz_rgb.cal file in the ray/src/cal/cal directory using icalc or
rcalc as described in:

     http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/digests_html/v2n8_1b.html#COLOR_AND

I hope this helps.
-Greg