[Radiance-general] how to filter objects by modifier?

Ian Tester ian at testers.homelinux.net
Fri Apr 1 16:17:35 CEST 2005

Here's my contribution to the Radiance community. It looked like you guys
needed the help of a good Perl programmer :)

It's not heavily tested, I only threw it together in a few hours. I've put
in little comments to help anyone trying to follow the code. I know that
Perl has a bad reputation, but I try to make my perl code neat and consistent.
*sigh* back in the day I was actually paid to code perl...

I added the feature of "following" modifiers with the -s option. When this
option is specified, non-surface primitives (i.e materials, textures,
patterns, or mixtures) will be matched by their modifier and their id will
be added to the list of modifiers that are being matched. Make sense? This
will allow the user to specify the name of one modifier that is then
"modified" by other materials, etc.

Anyway, let me know how it goes. I've probably screwed up somewhere.
bye