[Radiance-general] how to filter objects by modifier?

Ian Tester ian at testers.homelinux.net
Sat Apr 2 08:17:34 CEST 2005

After a problem report from Lars, here's an updated version of the filter
script. It wasn't handling the rare alias declaration. I've tested it
against a few scene files in the standard distribution, both
virtual/illumoff.rad and cabin/lvfurn.rad. The second one put a spanner in
the works because it contained this:

alberta_image alias alberta_photo
         photo_paper

So there's extra logic to handle having the reference on the following
line. How lenient is the Radiance parser with respect to newlines? Can
regular primitives also contain newlines in odd places, or is it just with
aliases?

e.g
white sphere
	ball	<== is this accepted as well??
0
0
4	0	0	0
	1

I really hope that isn't allowed. Otherwise my perl code will become really
ugly... :(

bye