[Radiance-general] Approximating the gross daylight flux through venetian blinds.

Santiago Torres tiago at tkh.att.ne.jp
Fri Oct 29 20:50:25 CEST 2004

Hello,
There`s a new paper that is related, but can be accessed online only (as far
as I know):

M. Andersen, M. Rubin, R. Powles, J.-L. Scartezzini, Bi-directional
transmission properties of venetian blinds: experimental assessment compared
to ray-tracing simulations, Solar Energy, In Press.

It discuses mainly the method to measure BRTDs, but not much about the
application to simulations. If somebody has more information about this
research, I would also be interested to know.
On the other hand, to simulate blinds, would it be possible to combine a
BRTD with a linear function that accounts for the slats? I mean, can the
BRTDfunc be dependent on the object coordinates? just an idea, I don`t know
if it makes much sense.

Regards,
Santiago