[Radiance-general] Approximating the gross daylight flux thro ugh venetian blinds.

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Fri Oct 29 20:42:54 CEST 2004

Hi Christoph,

You can use mkillum or any other aspect of Radiance for an annual
illuminance profile by creating a cumulative sky model from weather
data.  Using mkillum, you would pick up the appropriate external
reflections as well, which a BRTDfunc could not do.  If you want to
break down the profile over time, then you need to create a
time-stepped calculation, possibly using an acceleration scheme such as
the one you devised or those of John Mardaljevic or Raphael Compagnon.
In such cases, I can see where a BRTDfunc modeling blinds might be a
real time-saver, since it will avoid a lot of the sampling variance
caused by detailed blind geometry.  It still wouldn't pick up those
external reflections, though.

-Greg