[Radiance-general] vi: fatal - missing octree argument

Leslie Everett leslie.o.everett at verizon.net
Mon May 31 18:36:43 CEST 2004

Hi,

I recently installed Radiance 3.5 on my Powerbook G4 running Mac OS X.
I think the install may have broken Vim 6.2. When I type "vi" or "vim"
I get this error message:

vi: fatal - missing octree argument

writing: which vi

/usr/bin/vi

writing: /usr/bin/vi --version

/usr/bin/vi : fatal - command line error at ' -- version'

writing: "vi foo"

vi - system - cannot open octree file 'foo": no such file or diretory

I've checked:

/usr/share/vim/vimrc
/usr/share/vim/vim62/syntax/viminfo.vim
/usr/bin/vi

Radiance works fine, I can render scenes, but I can't use vi. I spoke
to the creator of vim, he thinks Radiance has installed a program that
has replaced vi. Can anyone suggest a change I can make to fix this
problem? Is this a problem anyone has seen or heard before?
Thanks in advance,

- Leslie