[Radiance-general] vi: fatal - missing octree argument

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Mon May 31 18:40:57 CEST 2004

Hi Leslie,

The last official release of Radiance installs the interactive viewer,
"rview," which is named the same as a symbolic link to "vim".  If you
chose as your executable directory /usr/bin, where vim lives, you may
have overwritten the original vim executable by mistake.  This is why
it's a good idea to use /usr/local/bin or some special directory for
Radiance executables.  (The default is "/usr/local/bin" in the makeall
installation script.)

In the HEAD version and the next release, we have renamed "rview" to
"rvu" to avoid this conflict in the future.

You will need to retrieve the "vim" executable from backup to get it
back -- sorry!

-Greg