[Radiance-general] conversion of digital pictures to Radiance?

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Fri May 28 16:45:42 CEST 2004

Hi Barbara,

Mentioned on Axel Jacob's webpage
(http://luminance.londonmet.ac.uk/webhdr/ as noted by Dr. M) is my
application called Photosphere that enables one to manage and assemble
HDR images from multiple exposures.  To facilitate camera-based
photometric work, I have recently added a calibration feature to obtain
more accurate absolute luminances from the resulting HDR images.
Photosphere currently works only under Mac OS X, though I've been
searching around for someone with sufficient talent and free time to
port it to Windoze.  Photosphere (and the command-line version
"hdrgen") may be found at my personal website:

	http://www.anyhere.com/

Output to Radiance as well as LogLuv and floating-point TIFF, and now
OpenEXR formats are supported.  If you want some examples of HDR
images, check out Erik Reinhard's website as well:

	http://www.cs.utah.edu/~reinhard/cdrom/hdr.html

I have a whole slew of HDR images I've created with Photosphere, but
have not found a place to put them on the web as yet.

-Greg

P.S.  Say "hej" to Oyvind for me!