[Radiance-general] Still having trouble, new pics........

Giulio Antonutto Giulio.Antonutto at arup.com
Mon Mar 29 20:14:52 CEST 2004

just a quick check:
are you sure to be using illum in the window surfaces? you miss the typical
fake shadows this solution implies....
I guess you can use an illum surface outside of the windows, pointing
inside, close to the glass and with a good -pj of 0.6 ?0.8 and -ds < 0.1
eliminate all the fake shadow... doing this way the 'arlechine' effect
should go away... I guess
also... remember to set -av... seems to be a little high...

if you use -aa more than 0.3 with low values for -ad and -as you can save
time and eliminate artefacts... well artefacts are too big to be visible...
sometimes is a good trick to speed up renderings, other time it is not, just
try ;-))

cheers
giulio

PS another option is to use a good -ad value, more than 1024, may be you can
reduce a little ar to speed up, say -ar 64?96 ...
or the crazy solution: -aa 0  -ad 32 -as 4 -ab 1 -ps  1 -pj .8 (or if you
can 2)....