[Radiance-general] colorpict and materials

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Thu Jun 24 12:06:45 CEST 2004

Hi!

I have a question regarding the proper use of colorpicts.

I have "calibrated" pics of materials (using macbethcal) that I used to
get the rgb-values for material definitions. These samples have
typically dimensions of about 30 x 20 cm (similar to the Macbeth
colorchecker). I rendered using the materials colors obtained from
these samples.

Now I want to map pictures onto the surfaces. I still want to use the
color as obtained from the sample. But the mapped picture is usually
much larger than the sample. So I would need a way to bring the average
color of the picture to the (average) color of the calibrated sample.
Is there a way to do that with Radiance's tools? I could use these
mappings on a clear white (.9 .9 .9) surface than, right?

Is there a way to use the pic only as variation of the color? E.g.
converting from radiance pic to a file that could be used by
brightdata? I could use the color from the calibrated (small) sample
than, and the big pattern only to map some structure.

The way I used so far: applying normpat to a grayscale pattern, and
mapping that onto the surface which has the color measured from the
sample. Similar to using brightdata, and not able to reflect the color
variation.

Thanks, CU Lars.
--
Lars O. Grobe, grobe at gmx.net, ++90-212-2458330

Kardesler Apartment, Turnacibasi Sokak 28
Galatasaray - Beyoglu, 34433 Istanbul