[Radiance-general] Re: output in holodeck file

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Mon Jun 21 07:20:49 CEST 2004

Hi Olga,

There is no method provided for looking at the ray values in a holodeck
in ASCII format, as I never found this useful even for debugging
purposes.  The data is organized in a very hard-to-understand way, and
the individual ray values are so many that I'm not sure what you would
do with them if you had them.  However, there are a couple of useful
utilities for holodecks that you might enjoy:

rhinfo	- prints the header and grid information from a holodeck file
rhcopy	- copies information from one holodeck to another, or from a
picture to a holodeck
rhoptimize	- optimizes beam placements in a holodeck for more efficient
rendering
rhpict	- reconstructs a picture from beams stored in a holodeck

What purpose did you have in mind for recovering ray values?
-Greg