Fwd: Re: [Radiance-general] Fwd: errors from hdrgen

Martin Matusiak alex at juventuz.net
Fri Jun 11 14:21:55 CEST 2004

I forgot to mention that my "cvs build" of hdrgen is from last week, so there
could have been changes from the version you have.

Martin

Subject: Re: [Radiance-general] Fwd: errors from hdrgen
Date: Friday 11 June 2004 14:17
From: Martin Matusiak <alex at juventuz.net>
To: Radiance general discussion <radiance-general at radiance-online.org>

> I hdr'ed all ouf the 13 images in one go, and apart for some 'poor
> convergence' (orders 1, 3, 4 and 5) warnings, it worked fine. There is
> no apparent distortion.

I repeated the process using the manual mode of the camera rather than
aperture priority. Again 13 images (same room, scene was a bit different as I
eliminated the sky in the framing) and I was able to compute a hdr. But the
alignment problem still persists, I use the -a switch to turn it off.

Later I took a couple more images and used the calibration data to compute a
hdr and read the luminance values off it. It turns out that those are
somewhat accurate so that's a good sign!

However, I'm still not quite satisfied. Obviously, the calibration procedure
is meant to give a most accurate static description of the camera, but I used
the camera's automatic whitebalance correction, so that's a variable. My
question is a complete novice one: how does the whitebalance affect the
luminance? What can I do to eliminate this variable (if it is significant).

Martin