[Radiance-general] Re: rendering parameters

John S. An [email protected]
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 15:29:32 -0500

Greg,

That did the trick.  The geometry above the luminaire was the cable
which would suspend it.  I simply removed it, and all seems fine now.
I feel so stupid, I spent an entire week increasing the -ad parameter
and not getting anywhere.

For my purposes, it is ok to remove the cables at this point from the
model.  However, for suspended light fixtures, it doesn't seem possible
to ever create an illum that would encompass everything including the
cables without having the illum sphere touch up against the ceiling.
This would be more for indirect fixtures than for direct fixtures.  If
I needed to keep the suspension cables in the model, what would be the
most proper way of defining the light source?

John