[Radiance-general] Re: rendering parameters

Greg Ward [email protected]
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 12:12:42 -0800

Hi John,

I don't really have time right now to look at your input files, but it
seems that your problems are associated with the light source sampling.
  Specifically, the original image with the single fixture seems to have
some kind of geometry in front of it, which is going to cause
randomness in the shadows produced.  You should either get rid of this
bit of geometry (looks like three vanes of a fan) or use an illum
without such obstructions in front of it.

In the second case where you have many sources, what you are seeing is
the result of the direct jitter.  If you set -dj 0 these artifacts
should disappear.

-Greg