[Radiance-general] rad3R5supp.tar.gz corrupted on radiance-online.org

Peter Apian-Bennewitz apian at pab-opto.de
Thu Aug 26 22:39:25 CEST 2004

Rob Guglielmetti wrote:

> There seems to be a problem with rad3R5supp.tar.gz, the "support
> files" archive on radiance-online.org.  I've downloaded it a couple
> times now on two different machines, but it cannot be decompressed.
> Peter, can you take a look?  User error is certainly not out of the
> realm of possibility here...

you're off the hook here. Yack! the file _is_ bad.
Both disks in the Raid are reported "optimal", no entries in the event
log either. Machine up since 180 days. Very weird. Closer look scheduled.
Meanwhile, the file is replaced by an intact one.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention
-Peter

--
 pab-opto, Freiburg, Germany, http://www.pab-opto.de
 [see web page to check digital email signature]