[Radiance-general] Re: COMBINING PHONG SMOOTHING AND UV BITMAP MAPPING AT FACE LEVEL

[email protected] [email protected]
Thu, 8 May 2003 01:07:21 -0700

Hi John,

If you can run Radiance 3.5 on Unix, you will have access to the
new "mesh" primitive, which permits both (u,v) local coordinate
mapping and Phong surface normal interpolation.  You can convert
from Wavefront .OBJ files using the new "obj2mesh" program.  See
the following link for details:

  http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/man_html/obj2mesh.1.html

Unfortunately, there is a bug in the official 3.5 release in
the index computation for (u,v) coordinates, and you will need
to download and compile the most recent version of the source
code from radiance-online to get this to work:

  http://www.radiance-online.org/software/

It does not compile on Windows currently, so if you require
a working Windows version, you'll have some time to wait...

-Greg

Quoting Digital Architectural Illustration Services