[Radiance-general] COMBINING PHONG SMOOTHING AND UV BITMAP MAPPING AT FACE LEVEL

Digital Architectural Illustration Services [email protected]
Thu, 8 May 2003 01:20:47 +0100

Dear RADIANCE users

Thank you for your assistance with my previous request.

I have been attempting to combine two useful rendering features of
RADIANCE: phong smoothing and UV bitmap mapping at face level.

The techniques at achieving either have been established, but I
have attempted to bring them both together to refine the quality of RADIANCE
renders.  I generally use RADIANCE for architectural illustration work and I
am attempting to derive the most out its material rendering capabilities.

Please visit the following hyperlink on my Internet site to view a gallery
of my rendering attempts and the problem discussed in greater detail.
(Previous problems with my Internet site have been corrected).

www.daiservices.btinternet.co.uk/Radiance/Radiance_v3_5_UNIX/Phong_shading_a
nd_bitmap_textures/Phong_shading_and_bitmap_textures.htm

Assistance from users is most appreciated.

Kind regards

John MacKenzie Graham