[Radiance-general] rendering parameters

Ada Fraser [email protected]
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:03:40 -0800 (PST)

Hello. I am trying to separate the direct and indirect
specular and indirect diffuse calculation in Radiance.
Actually, I am trying to duplicate the "artificial
separation" provided in Radiance book, plate 23.

I got a little confused with the rendering parameters:
Lets say I have an image, which has all
direct + indirect specular + indirect diffuse
computation, with parameters
-av 0.5 0.5 0.5
-ab 2
-st 0.001
INDIRECT=1

Would it be sufficient to change
-av 0 0 0
-ab 0
-st 1
INDIRECT=0
so that I can get an image with just the direct
computations? Or do I have to change other parameters?

Accordingly, if change the ?st parameter back to
0.001; would it be give direct + indirect specular
component?

Thanks.
Ada