[Radiance-general] Linux Binaries

Jeffrey McGrew [email protected]
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 17:06:44 -0800

> Jeffrey: If you are going to build rpms, I think this would
> be great. I
> personally
> think that one should build rpms for specific distributions,
> and I don't
> have any
> experience in that, but on the long run, it would be great
> for new users if
> tehy
> could simply pick a rpm or deb for their distribution without
> worrying about
>
> PATH-settings, compilers and dependencies. I will take a look
> at rpm, if you
> get
> any further with this, please tell me (I have SuSE and Debian
> systems here,
> as
> well as Solaris, having its own package management).
>
> CU, Lars.

I will start by making a RPM for Mandrake Linux, what I'm currently using, if I'm able to figure it out at all :). I think that Mandrake RPM's will work within RedHat too; for Mandrake uses RedHat's package manager. But I'm assuming that, and would want to test it/have it tested prior to 'official' release.

Thanks,

Jeffrey McGrew