[Radiance-general] obj2mesh and materials

bob coyne [email protected]
Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:39:32 -0400

I can't seem to get obj2mesh to recognize
materials.  From the man page it seems as though
it should.  It says:

"Any RADIANCE material descriptions included via one
 or more -a options will be compiled and stored in the mesh
 as well."

It doesn't specify the format of the -a material descriptions.  Is it a rad
file with normal material defintions in it?   I tried that and it didn't
seem
to work.

Here's the output I get from obj2mesh on a .obj file
with a dozen materials.  It seems as though it doesn't
recognize them.

Mesh statistics:
    0 materials
    16 patches (0.08 MBytes)
    3879 vertices (0.0% w/ normals, 0.0% w/ uv)
    7742 triangles (78.5% local, 20.6% joiner)
    8289 leaves in octree (34.3% empty, 6.84 avg. set size)

Are there any examples on how to do this?

- Bob