[Radiance-general] rad3R5 from latest stable cvs doesn't compile

Augustinus Topor [email protected]
Wed, 09 Apr 2003 11:07:38 +0200

Hi Tom,
I've had the same problem compiling radiance on SuSE-Linux, Version 8.1.
The trouble was caused by sed version 3.02.xx(in conjunction with the
variable POSIXLY_CORRECT in the configure-script). As far as I know,
when
POSIXLY_CORRECT is set, the sed versions(I tried out version 3.02.51,
3.02.60
and 4.06) insert the replacement string before each character in the
matched
line, e.g. the command    sed "/@VERSION@/s;;v3.4beta037;g"   applied to

# VERSION:      @VERSION@"

will result in

v3.4beta037#v3.4beta037
v3.4beta037Vv3.4beta037Ev3.4beta037Rv3.4beta037Sv3.4beta037Iv3.4beta037Ov3.4beta037Nv3.4beta037:v3.4beta037
v3.4beta037@v3.4beta037Vv3.4beta037Ev3.4beta037Rv3.4beta037Sv3.4beta037Iv3.4beta037Ov3.4beta037Nv3.4beta037@v3.4beta037

whereas sed 3.02 generates

# VERSION:      v3.4beta037

I handled this problem by reverting back to sed version 3.02.
Maybe you can remove/comment out the line

POSIXLY_CORRECT=1; export POSIXLY_CORRECT	# disable GNU extensions

in ray/src/px/tiff/configure, but I don't know if this leads to any side
effects.

Augustinus