[Radiance-general] rad3R5 from latest stable cvs doesn't compile

tom [email protected]
Sun, 06 Apr 2003 11:46:20 -0700

Hi all,

I'm having problems compiling radiance from sources from
radiance-online cvs. I downloaded the stable tarball and am able to
compile most of the executables, but it errors in the src/px dir every
time. It seems that the tiff directory is the cause of the problem. It
appears that the configure script is borked in some way. I have run the
script manually and end up with the same results:

It seems to fill the resulting Makefile with random spew

Warning, this file was automatically created by the TIFF configure
script#Warning, this file was automatically created b
y the TIFF configure script Warning, this file was automatically created
by the TIFF configure script@Warning, this file
  was automatically created by the TIFF configure scriptWWarning, this
file was automatically created by the TIFF configu
re scriptAWarning, this file was automatically created by the TIFF
configure scriptRWarning, this file was automatically
  created by the TIFF configure scriptNWarning, this file was
automatically created by the TIFF configure scriptIWarning,
  this file was automatically created by the TIFF configure
scriptNWarning, this file was automatically created by the TI
FF configure scriptGWarning, this file was automatically created by the
TIFF configure script@Warning, this file was aut
omatically created by the TIFF configure script

is all one line. This behaviour continues in the version, libdirs,
machine type, and random(?) lines throughout the file. This causes make
to bomb out with a missing separator error during the compile.

I'm wondering if this is a local toolchain problem, or if anyone else
has experienced this behaviour. I'm compiling on a linux system
(gentoo), which has been compiled from scratch using this same toolchain
- gcc 3.2.1, glibc 2.3.1, and the gnu toolset. I have invoked the
makeall script from a tcsh shell.

any ideas?

tom