[Radiance-general] Question about transdata usage

Georg Mischler [email protected]
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 12:19:02 -0500 (EST)

Mark Stock wrote:

> Okay, I think I've figured it out. The ridiculously high
> rendering times are from the trans-trans-mixdata simulation
> with a tspec of 0.5 on the "issmoke" material. I have the tspec
> at 0.1 now, and it seems to render in a much more reasonable
> time, *and* the cloud volume self-shadows beautifully.

Since you apparently are trying to model clouds (resp. smoke)
here, have you looked at the "mist" material? I'm not sure
about the performance implications, but the visual result
would certainly get a lot closer to what you're after.

-schorsch

--
Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/