[Radiance-general] RE: DEB and RPM Radiance 3R5 packages

Jeffrey McGrew [email protected]
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 09:19:05 -0800

>> The bigger one is this:
>   the "vim" package also has a "rview" executable:

I ran into this same problem on Mandrake 9.0.

>   On different systems it may not be a problem, for instance on my
>   linux Mandrake 9.0 box rview from the vim package is put
> inside /bin/,
>   so no overwrite occurs and apparently everything goes smoothly,
>   but the system will always execute the vim rview binary, unless
>   somebody erases or rename it, or changes the PATH variable.

I simply changed the PATH for my user login; so that if I'm logged
in as anything else rview calls VIM. I hope this doesn't raise any
problems, in that my login now paths to Radiance first, and VIM
second. But so far I haven't noticed any problems.

You might want to include in the README of your RPM package
about this issue, so that newbies, like myself, can have a hope
to sort it out.

Jeffrey McGrew