[Radiance-general] RE: DEB and RPM Radiance 3R5 packages

[email protected] [email protected]
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 00:24:29 +0200 (MEST)

Hi!

Therefore it's not always a bad idea to have those programs
that are not part of the distribution in their own directories
under /opt/Program-Name. If you install software that is not
from the distribution, you will NEVER know if there is some
conflict hidden... so I prefer not to put the app in my
distribution's paths. I can still set PATH and RAYPATH for
specific users (e.g. create a radiance user account), or
use a simple script to do these settings before you start
rendering.

Ok, to be honest... on my private box, I put all that radiance
stuff into the standard path (/usr/local/bin here) - but I know
that I never had problems with that, while a user on a shared
machine might get into trouble if he NEED vi - and can't
correct the conflicts.

CU, Lars ;-)

Bitte l�cheln! Fotogalerie online mit GMX ohne eigene Homepage!