[Radiance-general] Re: opengl and mac

Greg Ward [email protected]
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 17:00:27 -0800

Just to put this into context for those of you Mac OS X users who may
be worried by it...  The distributed binaries work with Jaguar (Mac OS
X 10.2 and later), and include the necessary drivers for X11 and
OpenGL.  You need only download the beta release of the X11 server from
Apple's website to get the whole thing operational.  From my
experience, hardware support for OpenGL rendering is pretty good with
the Apple server.

The issues here were raised by someone who needs to recompile 3.5 under
Mac OS X 10.1, which uses a different set of libraries.  There, it is
difficult to find the appropriate Xlib library to link to, as Apple
(stupidly) doesn't include it with their gcc compiler.

-Greg