[Radiance-general] Re: light maps in radiance

Peter Apian-Bennewitz [email protected]
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 18:51:24 +0100

--------------FB3613DC409CFC9D3BC67BF4

Carsten Bauer wrote:

> Hi Bernhard !
>
> I don't know if I get your question right, so my answer may be to
> simple: Do you want to have luminous images or surfaces ( like e.g.
> modern billboards which are illuminated from the back) ? For these
> you may apply a "colorpict" to a glow material and set the fourth glow
> parameter to -1. You then can place e.g. polygons out of this material
> in the room and adjust their brightness as you like (of course, they
> won't illumante things nearby, but they're shining.)

my two cent comment for the archives:
they won't illuminate things by 'direct calculation' - with ambient
calculations they do
-Peter

 pab-opto, Freiburg, Germany, www.pab-opto.de

Carsten Bauer wrote: