[Radiance-general] Re: light maps in radiance

Carsten Bauer [email protected]
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 19:10:40 +0100

Hi Bernhard !

Ok, now I got it, you want to use the raytracer for a specific way of
image generation. In fact, I did this already, and it really works
fine,  by "playing " around with cal-files and e.g semitransparent
layers you can get nice effects out of it, useable for 2D-Graphics and
Art and the like. But there is no other way than the one you already
have in mind. By the way, (I dare to mention this here :) ) you
certainly have heard of POVRay already ? Its texture modelling
facilities are a lot more intuitive to handle, so perhaps for these
sorts of visual effects it may better suit your needs.

- cb