[Radiance-general] rpict error: address not found in avlmemi

Georg Mischler [email protected]
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 17:49:12 -0400 (EDT)

Greg Ward wrote:

> I don't know quite how to reply to a thread to get the subject right, so
> I entered this manually and it may end up in the wrong place.  (Help, Peter!)

The archiver keeps track of the message IDs, so that simply replying
to a message will usually put the reply in the right (indented) place.
Of course, if you just joined and don't have the original message,
then you'll have to live with generating a new thread.

> The rpict error you are getting is due to a broken qsort() routine that
> infiltrated the GNU library and keeps resufacing on various versions of
> Linux.  I'm not sure which ones have it and which ones don't, so the
> only thing I can suggest is recompiling ambient.o using the following switch:
>
>   -Dtracktime=0
>
> This will turn off the ambient sorting optimization, which won't affect
> results but will eliminate this problem.  The faulty zone in the .rif
> file is not the problem.

Ah, finally the official way, so I won't have to publish that old
workaround anymore.

Thanks!

-schorsch

Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch.com