[Radiance-general] Re: rpict error: address not found in avlmemi

Greg Ward [email protected]
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:16:07 -0700

I don't know quite how to reply to a thread to get the subject right, so
I entered this manually and it may end up in the wrong place.  (Help, Peter!)

The rpict error you are getting is due to a broken qsort() routine that
infiltrated the GNU library and keeps resufacing on various versions of
Linux.  I'm not sure which ones have it and which ones don't, so the
only thing I can suggest is recompiling ambient.o using the following switch:

	-Dtracktime=0

This will turn off the ambient sorting optimization, which won't affect
results but will eliminate this problem.  The faulty zone in the .rif
file is not the problem.

Hope this helps!
-Greg