[Radiance-openstudio] OpenStudio on OSX 10.8

Khalid khalid.ud at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 01:42:46 PST 2012

Thanks Rob, for the information.
Regarding the Daylight Factor, the following discussion was in a paper I
read several years ago;
	"the average daylight factor .. is a useful design aid which is also
simple to use. Since the daylight distribution and intensity inside the
building will vary with time, whichever sky distribution is used as a basis
for design, then it would seem that great precision in this is
unnecessary..............  I have strong reservations over the provision of
detailed and complex daylight prediction system. What is required, in my
opinion, is a relatively simple system that architects must be encouraged to
use and to combine this with the provision of daylight controls to adjust
the daylight conditions when necessary. Electronic control of the electric
lighting 	should then  integrate the electric lighting with the
daylighting for an energy-efficient design." (David Loe, in the discussion
in reference (1)).
As an architect I believe the daylight factor is more than a metric, and I
do think that its use in different climatic conditions could be improved.

Thanks

1- Kittler 1994 Kittler R. The Need for Standard Skies and Models for Energy
Conservation Measures. Lighting Research and Technology 1994;26(4):171-180.