[Radiance-general] ?==?utf-8?q? Daylight Award!

Urtza Uriarte Otazua urtza.uriarte at upc.edu
Thu May 17 01:13:13 PDT 2018

Congratulations Greg! Thank you for the support offered and generating this generous atmosphere in the Radiance community.

Kind regards,
Urtza.

El Jueves, Mayo 17, 2018 07:19 CEST, David Geisler-Moroder <david.moroder at gmail.com> Ha escrito:
 Nothing more to add - congratulations Greg! :-) Best, David  David Geisler-Moroder
Hofwaldweg 14/20
6020 Innsbruck
Austria 2018-05-17 7:01 GMT+02:00 Kyle Konis <kskonis at gmail.com>:I hope i'm not too late to pile on here with another BIG CONGRATS to Greg for receiving this award !
 Echoing Michael's earlier comment, if there was an award given out for building a generous and supportive (and truly international) community then you should get that one too !
 -Kyle On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 5:22 PM, Gurneet <gurneet.singh at gmail.com> wrote:Congratulations Greg Regards  On Thu 17 May, 2018, 5:24 AM Greg Ward, <gregoryjward at gmail.com> wrote:Wow.  Thanks, everyone.  I was really surprised myself to learn about the award, and I can think of quite a few others I would have expected to get it first.

It's really this enthusiastic and supportive community that has kept me and Radiance going all these years.  A few others I should thank:

For early encouragement and funds:      Francis Rubinstein, Sam Berman, Rudy Verderber

For ongoing funding and support:        Steven Selkowitz, Eleanor Lee, Jean-Louis Scartezzini, Amir Roth

For taking over support when needed:    Charles Ehrlich, Judy Lai, Daniel Fuller

For originating the Radiance workshop:  Raphael Compagnon

For their outstanding contributions of ideas, code, documentation, tutorials, presentations, asking and answering questions, and other forms of sharing:        Really the whole Radiance community...

I can think of a few dozen names for that last one just off the top of my head, but I don't want anyone to feel slighted, because I would surely forget someone and be kicking myself about it later.  Every contribution is welcome, and my mind reels thinking about the effort people have put into this over the years.  I feel like I owe you each a personal note of thanks.

Best of all, it has been, and continues to be, a lot of fun.