[Radiance-general] Understanding rvu options

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 14:16:27 PST 2018

The default parameters are set in rvu for speed over accuracy.  Decreasing the value of -aa will help a lot with your scene.

I recommend learning to use rad and/or trad to help set rendering parameters based on easier-to-understand variables.  Here is a paper on the subject:

	http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/papers/erw95.1/paper.pdf

And of course the man page is always a reasonable place to start:

	https://www.radiance-online.org/learning/documentation/manual-pages/pdfs/rad.pdf

Cheers,
-Greg