[Radiance-general] Any method to calculate sky view factor in Radiance?

Germán Molina Larrain germolinal at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 18:23:11 PDT 2018

Hi Katsuya,

*Points *should be the name of a file containing the location (Px,Py,Pz)
and orientation (Dx,Dy,Dz) of your "illuminance sensors". Something like

0 0 0.8 0 0 1
1 0 0.8 0 0 1

Such case would represent two sensors, one on the position X=0, Y=0, Z=0.8
and one in position X=1, Y=0, Z=0.8... both are looking Up.

I would recommend you to also check tutorials on how the "cat" command
works (it is easy, though... it only prints the contents of a file into the
terminal) and about piping. That would give you a better understanding on
what that command is doing

Best,