[Radiance-general] perfect specular reflection in rtrace

Antoine Bugeat bugeatantoine at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 08:02:20 PDT 2017

Hello all,

First, thank you very much for your quick answers.

If I understand correctly, among the possible options for solving my
problem, the simplest is to replace the perfect specular "plastic" by a
"mirror" material to have a "virtual source" calculation (I agree that 100%
of reflection is totally not real but it's just for this case to understand
the calculation).

void mirror M_Spec
0
0
3 1 1 1

But I still get 0...

As a reminder, I use these radiance parameters (the same as DAYSIM except
that I increase the -dr):
-I -aa 0.1 -ab 5 -ad 1000 -ar 300 -as 20 -dj 0 -dr 5 -ds 0.2 -dp 512 -lr 6
-lw 0.004 -st 0.1 -oov

In parallel, I found a paper written by Roland Schregle (Lucerne University
2015) with an extension of Radiance about photon mapping for caustics
reflection. It looks pretty complex and I think (and I hope) that I can
solve my problem without using this.

Best Regards,

Antoine