[Radiance-general] gendaylit vs gendaymtx

Eleonora Brembilla E.Brembilla at lboro.ac.uk
Fri May 12 08:16:18 PDT 2017

Hi everyone!

I have a doubt on how gendaymtx works. Or better, what’s the difference between the Perez model implementation in gendaymtx and in gendaylit?

I was comparing the output of these two methods, for each hour of the year:
gendaymtx -m 1 GBR_London.wea > London.dmx
gendaylit 1 4 9.5 -a 51.15 -o 0.18 -m -0 -W 178 76 | genskyvec -m 1 >  london_0104h9_rad.skv

And I was expecting to get an identical result, but instead the two data series are somehow different. The data I used for the gendaylit -W option are taken from the same .wea file I used for gendaymtx.

Sorry if you discussed about this previously, I searched a bit in the mailing list but I didn’t find a precise answer.

Thanks a lot!
Eleonora

Eleonora Brembilla, MSc
PhD Student