[Radiance-general] DGP on 172 fish-eye image

Raquel Viula raquelviula.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 01:05:17 PDT 2017

Hi Jan,

Thank you for the clarifications. It all makes much sense and it¹s good to
know that the filling option was developed for those particular projection
conditions. I totally understand that if I¹m the only user with this problem
it does probably not worth your time to add that to Evalglare.
But that also means that there is no reason why I could not use the DGP
formula to make the calculation of a fish-eye image with these
characteristics elsewhere, correct?

I wanted to check with TechnoTeam, again, before getting back to you about
the specifications of my system. And indeed according to them my projection
is of an equidistant-type with a view angle of 172.

I noticed that my vertical eye illuminance measurements have a bit of a time
offset from the pictures, so really not appropriate to check for the
deviation. I¹ll get new values to test next week. But this also involves
using a newly created TechnoTeam¹s Radiance exporter which it is still under
validationŠso there are few things to get right in order to make this test
possible. I will get back to the list when I have a conclusion.

I¹ll see if I can still come to VeluxŠI had to make a choice because there
are so many other important events that one can attend this year. But it
would be really important to discuss this with you and the other PhDs.

Best Regards

Raquel

Raquel Viula

PhD candidate

TU Delft | Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment |

Architectural Engineering and Technology

Julianalaan 134, 2628 BL Delft, The Netherlands | P.O. Box 5043 2600 GA
Delft