[Radiance-general] Color definition in Plastic material

J. Alstan Jakubiec alstan at jakubiec.net
Tue Jan 24 21:31:29 PST 2017

Hello everyone,

I am happy to report that the lighting materials website
<http://lighting-materials.com/> is back up, and specular plastics now
reflect the correct diffuse values. Thank you to everyone for the
helpful discussion, and I will also be uploading some new materials soon!

Picking a random, highly specular measurement (Greg's stainless steel
sink in 1995 <http://lighting-materials.com/materials/1444>) should show
that the diffuse characteristics are now correct.

    R_diffuse = (0.3937*0.265 + 0.3734*0.670 + 0.3281*0.065)*(1-0.0821)
    = 0.345
    R_specular = 0.0821
    R_total = R_diffuse + R_specular = 0.4271

Best wishes,
Alstan