[Radiance-general] How to use the mailing list

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 08:34:44 PDT 2016

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your questions.  Some of this has been discussed before, such as policy regarding attachments.  While it's OK to include a small JPEG or graph in the body of e-mails, large files (i.e., HDR pictures, etc.) should be linked to a URL that has some reasonable longevity.  Generally, I like to keep e-mail sizes to under 250K, as people are often careless in replying, and attachments may tag along.

Regarding reply subjects, you should *never* reply to a digest e-mail, for those who are getting those.  Reply to the original e-mail instead, or change the subject to correspond to it at least, and don't include the whole digest with your reply(!)  I actually don't know what happens if you include multiple topics in your subject line -- I'm not sure how smart Mailman (our list software) is about that.  You could try it.

Cheers,
-Greg