[Radiance-general] Skyvector from gensky vs. gendaylit

Achim.geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Fri May 20 01:01:30 PDT 2016

Hi all,

a probably small and stupid (on my part) issue. I am generating sky
patch vectors via genskyvec –m 1 (e.g.). Input is either a sky generated
by gensky 6 21 12 (e.g.) or gendaylit <lots of options>.

Now, my problem is that genskyvec produces different output for these
sky definition options which is quite a nuisance when trying to
postprocess the sky vectors. For gensky, the output is a triplet (r g b)
on an individual line per patch, 146 lines in total. For gendaylit,
however, the output is a single line!

Of course, I can reorganise the output, somehow. However, I would be
interested what I am doing wrong, here.

Thanks for any ideas!

Best
Achim