[Radiance-general] Radiance 5.0 installation on ubuntu 14.04

Rob Guglielmetti rob.guglielmetti at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 19:22:33 PDT 2016

I would still recommend compiling from source using the makeall script, because it’s worked well for years and years. The dreaded “there were some errors” message is usually because you did not run the makeall script as root (i.e. "sudo makeall install” instead of just “makeall install”). You also need to make sure you have the “auxiliary files" archive in addition to just the source code.

The NREL binaries for Linux were built on Ubuntu, so they would probably work ok for you, assuming you can get everything unpacked and copied to the right locations; the makeall script just does this for you a little more easily, IMHO.