[Radiance-general] Radiance 5.0 installation on ubuntu 14.04

Humberto Antunes hs.antunes at campus.fct.unl.pt
Thu Mar 17 18:20:53 PDT 2016

I everyone,

I was using a version of radiance from the apt-get, i guess the version we
get when we install radiance like that is 4.1, but i need some functions
from the newer version like gendaymtx, i have tried to install from source
code with the ./makeall install and i received the message "there were some
error" i have read all the info on readme and nox11help but nothing seems
to work, after doing a bunch of stuff nothing was working at all.

I needed to make a clean install of ubuntu so i did it and now i have my
computer completely clean.

Now i want to make a clean installation of radiance 5.0 to get it running
smoothly.

Should i use the binaries from NREL to LINUX 64 or compile it from source,
witch is better?

Thank to all
Humberto A.