[Radiance-general] Groundhog Electric Lighting capabilities - validation challenge

Guglielmetti, Robert Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov
Wed Mar 2 11:46:08 PST 2016

Hey German,

Cool. I don't have time (or licenses) to do this testing, but I did want to comment on the images. It looks like you're wrapping those track fixtures with illum geometry. The spill of light on the ceiling appears to be emanating from an illum sphere, as it's too close to the base of the luminaire to be coming from the edge of the fixture itself. This is a case where it would make more sense to translate the ies file to a ring. The illum "wrapper" is more suited to large glowing luminaries, not so much for directional fixtures like track heads.

- Rob