[Radiance-general] mirror material ignoring modifier in virtual source calculations

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 08:54:48 PDT 2016

Hi Rioboo,

Your definition looks correct to me.  What different conditions are you using to make this determination?

1) Do you change the angle of the sun?  This is the only way to test different angles on the mirror, since the sun is a collimated source of light.

2) When you change the solar angle, do you move your point or at least ensure that it remains in the reflected beam?  If it sees sunlight directly as well, you will need to look for variation in the 8-80% that is reflected (depending on angle).

3) Are you sure your mirror surface normal faces outwards?  If it faces inwards, like most windows in Radiance, then the mirrored sources will only happen on the interior.

Cheers,
-Greg