[Radiance-general] how to get luminance false color images

Violeta Escobar Ruiz viole.esc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 10:06:45 PDT 2016

Hello!
I can't run Radiance on my computer. I must be doing something wrong...
This is the link where I downloaded it:
https://github.com/NREL/Radiance/releases
I have tried with this: *radiance-5.0.0-win64.exe*
<https://github.com/NREL/Radiance/releases/download/5.0/radiance-5.0.0-win64.exe>
It seems like I install it normally but then I just can't find the acces to
the program.
When I ask fot the desktop acces it installs an acces to Autocad.
Is that ok??

Thank you

> Hi Violeta,
>
> Unfortunately, the command-line tools in Radiance are difficult to use if
> you are not used to them.  I am not sure what options Axel Jacobs uses for
> WebHDR, but you can try the following:
>
> falsecolor -s auto -i input.hdr | ra_tiff - falsec.tif
>
> This will result in a linear luminance scale.  If you want a log scale
> with 1000:1 range (10^3:1), use:
>
> falsecolor -log 3 -s auto -i input.hdr | ra_tiff - falsecl.tif
>
> If you have a Mac, you can download Photosphere, which has a more familiar
> application GUI from:
>
> http://www.anyhere.com/
>
> Best,
> -Greg
>
> *From: *Violeta Escobar Ruiz <viole.esc at gmail.com>
>
> *Date: *June 30, 2016 7:19:02 PM PDT
>

> Hi.
> I've been using the R-Y-O demo (http://www.jaloxa.eu/webhdr/demo.shtml)
> to get luminance false color images, but it says that the program is
> currently down.
> I know there is a way to get those images from Radiance. I´ve been looking
> through the documentation posted on the web site but its been really
> difficult for me to understand.
> I was wondering if there's an easier way to do it, since it was really
> easy to do it on R-Y-O.
>
> Thank you very much
> -
> Violeta Escobar Ruiz